- Welcome to the TEN MOTIVES website. This website is owned and operated by Nicoventures Retail (UK) Limited (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”) and is currently located at https://www.10motives.com/.
- When you first visit our website, we set strictly necessary cookies on your device unless you accept/enable all cookies, or select your own cookie preferences. Please see further How to control and delete cookies below regarding the ways you can control or delete the cookies we use.
- In relation to all other types of cookies we use, by clicking the relevant button on the Cookie Banner, you are agreeing to our use of non-strictly necessary cookies in the manner described in this Cookies Notice. If you do not provide your consent using the Cookie Banner, we will not set these cookies on your device.
- If you provide your consent in respect of the cookies, you will also be providing your consent for us and the relevant third parties that your use those cookies to use your personal information in the ways set out in our Privacy Notice and we will only set or read the relevant cookies for the durations set out in the ‘Cookie Details’ Table which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Cookie Details’ link on the banner.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the Cookie Settings link at the bottom of the website. The cookie files may remain on your device after you have opted-out of using them. Please see further section 6 below or check your browser’s help pages to find out how to delete these files from your device.
- If you withdraw your consent for us to use optional cookies, the consent you have given us to use any personal information we collect using those cookies will also be withdrawn. Please see our Privacy Notice for further details. Performance cookies assist us with improving how our website works by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. For example, Google Analytics cookies gives us information that allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it (you can see details of this cookie in the Cookie Details Table which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Cookie Details’ link on the banner).
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website and to embed functionality from third party services. They assist with improving the functionality and security of the website, including by remembering your preferences and managing the performance of the website.
- Please see further How to control and delete cookies below regarding the ways you can control or delete the cookies we use.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- A cookie (and other technologies such as pixels and beacons) is a small data file that is placed on your browser or the hardware of your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this Cookies Notice to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
- Cookies can be "First Party" (which are set by us) or "Third Party" (placed on your device by another company when you use our website), for example Google Analytics. Third party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service to us (for example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our website is being used). We cannot access third party cookies. Likewise, third-party providers cannot access the data in the cookies we use on our website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For example, we have a cookie which asks you to verify your age.
- Performance cookies. These cookies assist us with improving how our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, certain Google Analytics cookies gives us information that allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website and to embed functionality from third party services. They assist with improving the functionality and security of the website, including by remembering your preferences and managing the performance of the website.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. This Cookies Notice gives you information on the specific cookies used on this website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information we obtain through the cookies we use on the website for the following purposes and by relying on the following legal reasons (i.e. ‘lawful bases’):
Where there is a LEGAL REQUIREMENT in relation to certain strictly necessary cookies
Where you have provided CONSENT in relation to performance cookies, functionality cookies and targeting cookies
- We use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including where the law requires us for the following purposes:
- to carry out age verification checks; and
- to recognise your cookie preferences (for example, to identify when you have turned off all cookies from your browser).
- We use your personal information to pursue the legitimate interest of ensuring the operation of the website with strictly necessary cookies not outlined in the LEGAL REQUIREMENT section above.
- We may use and process your personal information where you have provided consent for the following purposes:
- for analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance your visitor experience;
- to identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with the website or electronic communications;
- to analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of the website are more useful and enjoyable;
- to evaluate use of the website so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- for quality control, website performance and system administration;
- tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests in order to show you relevant adverts on other sites; and
- for security purposes such as preventing or detecting fraudulent activity.
- For the purposes of data protection laws, we are the controller of the personal information listed above. Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding our handling of this information, including to whom and to which locations we disclose it, how long we retain it and your data protection rights.
HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES
- You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking the Cookie Settings link at the bottom of the website to turn off/opt-out of the relevant cookies. You may need to refresh your page for your settings to take effect.
- Most web browsers are set by default to accept all cookies. However, you may have the option to configure your web browser settings in such a way that the cookie information is displayed before storage, or to categorically reject them. You can find details on the various available settings for cookies and related changes for the most common web browsers by clicking on the relevant link below:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=cs_CZ&viewlocale=en_US
- Using tools provided by the following industry bodies for opting-out of third party cookies for targeted advertising:
- Please note that any change to your web browser settings will only apply to the particular web browser for which you have adjusted your settings. If you use more than one web browser on a device, you must change the settings separately for each browser and, depending on the browser, for each device. Additional information regarding cookies may be available within the “help” feature of the browser or operating system or the operating manual for your device.
- Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your device, as well as more general information about cookies. Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for any of the content on them.
- After you withdraw your consent for non-strictly necessary cookies, our website will no longer access or read these cookies. Depending on the cookies, this means that files, scripts, codes and other cookie-related information may remain stored on your device. You can delete these cookies by clearing your cookies and your browsing cache using your web browser settings. Please consult the “help” feature in your browser for detailed instructions on how to delete cookies.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful: Information Commissioner's Office www.ico.org.uk
- If you refuse or withdraw consent to the use of any non-strictly necessary-cookies or associated personal information, then the corresponding functionality or features of this website may not work properly, or at all. Your use of the core functions and features of this website will not be affected.
- If you disable strictly necessary cookies (or all cookies) using your web browser settings, one or more core functions and features of this website, including those intended to ensure your visit is safe and secure, will not work properly, or at all.
MAIN COOKIES USED BY US ON OUR WEBSITE
- A list of the main cookies used by us on this website together with details about what each is used for can be found in the Cookie Details Table which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Cookie Details’ link on the banner.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- The third-party cookies used in connection with this website include:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Targeting Cookies. We use third party cookies, pixels, web beacons and other storage technologies on our website for third parties to serve you with advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and for measurement purposes. Please note that if you disable these, you will still see adverts they just won't be tailored to your interests. These cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners and are used to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
- A list of the third-party cookies used in connection with this website can be found in the Cookie Details Table.
- Some of the emails we send to you may contain a ‘web beacon pixel’ (clear GIFs) or tracked links which allows us to identify when you have opened the email and to verify which links contained in the email you have accessed. We use this information to determine which parts of our emails are of most interest to you.
- You can delete the pixel by deleting the email. If you do not wish to download the pixel to your computer or other device, you can ensure this by selecting to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML using your email software or service, or not opening pictures in your email.
- Alternatively you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by contacting us at [email protected].
- We may make changes to this Cookies Notice at any time by sending you an e-mail with the modified Terms or by posting a copy of them on the website. Any changes will take effect 7 days after the date of our email or the date on which we post the modified terms on the website, whichever is the earlier.
- If you have any questions or concerns about cookies or your privacy when using this website, please contact us as follows:
- If you wish to write to us, please write to:
Nicoventures Retail (UK) Limited),
566 Chiswick High Road,
Our email address for data protection queries is [email protected]
If you would prefer to speak to us by phone, please call 01270 897 444.
- If you wish to write to us, please write to: